Northminster's vision is to become a community of fully devoted followers of Christ who are partnering with our neighbors to reveal the kingdom of God in the North Side of Richmond.
We've adopted the motto: "Love God. Love People. Transform Lives." and we know that it takes all of us working together to see lives and communities transformed. In that spirit, we have recently formed the "Life Together Community Center," which is a collaborative of Christian organizations who operate programs in space donated by Northminster Church. All of the partners in the center are committed to working together to develop young people, strengthen families and build stronger communities. The collaborative currently includes:
- Thrive Moms
- Jesus Shining Stars (a ministry of The Northside Outreach Center )
- Care to Share
- School of Rock and Worship
- Embrace Richmond
- Youth Life Foundation of Richmond
And there is much more more happening in our building and in our neighborhood! Please contact Wendy McCaig if you have questions or would like to get involved.
Mission Statement To share Christ’s love with those in our community who struggle to make ends meet by providing free supplemental food.
Every Saturday morning from 10am-12pm volunteers from Northminster, VCU and surrounding communities gather to pack and distribute bags of groceries, extending hospitality and friendship to our Northside neighbors.
Update: Many, many thanks to all who have contributed food and/or donations for our Northminster Food Pantry. The Central Virginia Foodbank continues to have a low inventory of food for purchase, so your donations are making it possible for more than 600 children, adults and elderly neighbors to continue receiving groceries each month. Don’t stop giving now! With the precarious state of the economy, the needs will only grow!
- canned fruits, vegetables and soups
- canned meats
- peanut butter
- dry milk
- breakfast foods (hot or cold cereal, pancake mix and syrup, PopTarts)
- pastas, rice and dry beans
- special needs foods (Ensure)
- We also need shoppers, baggers and Saturday volunteers
For more information contact
Saturday Free Market
Saturdays the folks who visit our Food Pantry can "shop" at the Free Market where new and gently used items of every kind find new homes.
We serve an amazing and awesome God!!!! Lives have been changed and relationships have grown deeper. All to the glory and honor of Christ Jesus.
Spread the word...
- L-XXXL men's clothing
- Women’s clothing size 16 and above... HUGE need!
- Undergarments & PJ’s used is fine!
- Dishes, pots and pans
Many hands can be used here, I have only two folks who regularly come... so it’s me and my pals... we’d love for you to come join our laughter and fun. I’ll tell you it’s lonely by myself. Children are welcome... come for 30 mins, or the whole time, it all helps! You decide. If you want to come, but prefer different hours, let me know... MAYBE we can work something out!
How you can get involved
- Volunteer to work during operation hours on Saturdays from 9:30 AM - 12 PM
- Volunteer to help sort and set up the market on Wednesdays from 9 AM - 12 PM
- Donate clothing and goods. Especially needed are linens and men’s casual clothes, shoes, socks and underwear – the larger the better.
- All donations can be dropped off at the Free Market entrance Wednesdays 9 AM-Noon and Saturdays 9:30 AM-Noon; the church office Thurs - Fri 9 AM - Noon (please call ahead); outside the Food Pantry door Sundays after services.
To volunteer to help or donate call 321-2511 or contact
Tutoring for neighborhood students and adults began in January 2010 and has already been more successful than we could imagine. Just pop into the CWC on a Wednesday evening from 7-8 PM and the joy is palpable. You'll find us every Wednesday, except for the 3rd Wednesday of each month (but come to 3W instead!). Our goal is to develop relationships, show Christ's love, and of course provide help with homework or GED preparation and basic tutoring in math and reading.
If you need tutoring or are interested in being a tutor, please contact , or call the office at 321-2511.